Content marketing is a buzzword that’s been around for years, but there are still many people out there who don’t know what it is. In this article, we’ll break down what content marketing is and how it can help you achieve your business and personal goals.
The content marketing world has changed dramatically in the last decade. With the advent of social media, new distribution channels, and platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn, traditional content marketing best practices have evolved to align with these changes. The result is a massive shift in strategy on how brands can promote themselves through content.
Welcome to the Content Marketing Guide for the year 2022. This article will be your ultimate guide to content marketing in 2022, with details of all the best tools and best courses to help you to understand and master every aspect of your content Marketing career.
Let’s dive into Content marketing Ocean:
What is Content Marketing Meaning?
Content Marketing = “Content” + “Marketing”
Content means the way to convey an information or message or symbolic representation of something which you want to convey.
Marketing means Action of promoting and selling Products & Services.
So the term Content Marketing meaning is the Action of promoting and selling products & services via some symbolic representation.
There are many kind of symbolic representation i.e. Content to convey your information. It may be a blog post, videos,infographics,white paper, report etc.
More clearly we can say:
Content Marketing is the process of marketing our products and services by creating valuable content. The process itself includes awareness of Products and services,
Engaging your audience to give attention to your product, building trust, making permanent leads, persuasion to purchase the product.
Formal Definition of Content Marketing:
“Content marketing is the marketing and business process for
creating and distributing valuable and compelling content to attract,acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience—with the objective of driving profitable customer
– Joe Pulizzi
The above definition describes every aspect of Content Marketing within two lines. It also tells that Content is the very basic of every business process and all aspects of Digital marketing.
This Definition is also completely related to CATT Funnel, which is Content, Attention, Trust and Transaction. CATT Funnel is very basic fundamental of Content Marketing, which suggest that For your marketing of you Product and services, First important thing is to create Quality Content, then attract the audience to your content, then build up a strong trust to you audience then get to convert this audience to your customers which leads to transaction.
How is it used?
Different types of strategies are used to execute Content Marketing which involves many stages
- Understanding of Needs of Audience
- Understanding of problems facing most people.
- Content Creation according to problems and needs.
- Email Personalisation to Nurture your customers.
- Natural sales Conversion
Purpose of using Content Marketing?
The basic purpose of Content Marketing is to promote our products and services via Content Writing in such a way that it solves the problems of most of the people and fulfil the needs of the people.
Different types of Content used in Content Marketing.
When we talk about Content Marketing, the Content is the very basic fundamentals. What are the different ways by which you can convey a message to your customers?
If you have a new product and Services, then what are different media or channels on which you create your content related to your products and services.
There are 16 Major types of Contents which you can use in your Content Marketing project.
These Content Types are further categories in mainly three types:
- Top of Funnel Content
- Middle of the funnel Content
- Bottom of the funnel Content
Let’s have a look at different types of Content.
Top of the Funnel Content:
These are the types of content which are used to attract the people into your funnel or grab the attention of the people to our content. These are below contents listed here in the top of the funnel category:
1. Blogging: Blogging is a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with the world. It’s also a great way to build relationships with other like-minded people.
2. E-Books: E-books are a great way to provide in-depth information about a particular topic. They’re also an easy way to generate leads and build your email list.
3. Infographics: Infographics are a visually appealing way to share information and data. They’re also highly shareable, making them ideal for building brand awareness.
4. Videos: Video content is a kind of channel in which information can be shared and delivered in the form of videos. Videos can be 5-15min called short video or it may be 1hr or more which is in depth video on a particular topic. Video content can also be delivered in the way of taking interview, executive roundtables, live streaming, Webinar, Presentation, Animation, Product reviews, Vlog (latest), Social media shorts and many more.
5. Tools and Apps: Tools and Apps are a way to deliver bunch of information on a particular topic. You canake a tool and provide a service on monthly basis or you can creat an app which provides the information step by step on a particular topic. Tools and apps are a great medium if developed properly as per the demand.
6. Audio Podcasts: Podcasts are a great way to reach a wider audience with your message. They’re also perfect for building relationships with influencers in your industry.
7. News Release: News Release is also called as Press Release is an official statement either in written or recorded form. A well known types of New Releases are: Events, Product Updates, Executive Promotion, New Product Launch etc.
8. Survey Report: Survey Report is a document which is prepared on basis of response of audience in a particular survey. This report shows all the information during survey research in a precise and Clear form and presented on basis of facts. Survey report helps to gather explicit data and make a powerful impact.
9. Industry Ranking: Industry Ranking or Business Ranking is kind of information in which All services and products of Companies are listed or ranked in a particular order based on specific criteria. The criteria of listing is different for different different companies. The criteria may be in the form of volumes, Annual billing or any premium etc.
Middle of the Funnel Content
These are the types of content which are used to give to our customers on a free basis or very few amounts, just less than a hundred which is very helpful to connect with customers for a long time and during this we can understand the needs, requirements and problems facing and then provide information or products accordingly. Some of the these types of content are:
1. Subscriptions: You can convert any visitor into your customer by giving him a subscription service so that you can connect with customers directly by email on a daily basis and engage to see our products and services. With this subscription, you can give access to free content which is valuable and in high demand.
2. Online Courses: These types of content are prepared in a series of videos on a particular topic. You can give access to your customers lifetime free access.
3. Events: This type of content is prepared based on events organised and also information for the future events. Events may be online or offline.
Bottom of the Funnel Content
These are the types of content which are basically related to Sales objectives. Some of the Contents are:
1. Testimonials: Testimonials are the reviews on any product, services, brands or anything by any person. These types of content are made to build trust on product and service. If a review is given by a brand person or a Celebrity or any well known person then trust buildup automatically.
2. Case Studies: Case studies are an excellent way to showcase your company’s successes. They’re also a great way to build trust and credibility with potential customers.
3. Sales Pages: A Sales page is a web page on your blog/website which is made for the purpose of selling a product. The content written on this page is only to convince the visitors to purchase the product.
4. Sales Videos: A Sales video is a type of video content which is made only to fulfil the goal of convincing people and engaging them to buy the product. In the sales video content, the reviews and promotional content included which helps to convince the viewers and build up the trust and then finally action leads to purchase.
Content Writing Skills and How to develop it?
Before mastering Content Marketing, first step to master the content writing skills.
If you master the content writing skill, it gives you a higher level of confidence to promote your products and services. If you are confident and your strategy is in the right direction then conversion rate automatically increases and generates natural sales.
So basically you can say, content writing skill is the base of content marketing.
Ok, then How can I develop Content Writing skill?
Content Writing skill is not that type of skill which can be acquired within some days, it takes the time to master it. It also depends on your work, how much time you give to your writing.
What do I need to do for content writing skill mastery?
Content writing is a very important skill for the Internet. It can help anyone with marketing, branding, or even sales. A writer should always be practising their craft to develop their skills.
There is no magic formula for becoming a great content writer. As with any skill, you need to practice and hone your craft. Reading other people’s work will give you ideas for what to write about.
A content writer’s skill is developed over time. The factors that can help a content writer develop their skill are:
-Knowing how to search for topics
-Knowing when and where to research
-Knowing which keywords to use in order to optimise the article for search engines
-Knowing what type of content will work well within different platforms, like blogs, online magazines, etc.
Content Writing Tips:
Developing content writing skills takes time. There are a few things that can help speed up the process.
- Write down your topic and brainstorm ideas for it.
- Brainstorm the five “W’s” Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Draft some paragraphs on your topic.
- Read through and edit
- Set aside specific time periods for writing, like 30 minutes a day or an hour each morning.
- Read often in the area you want to write about and use what you’ve read as inspiration for your writing.
- When publishing your content, don’t let it sit there forgotten on your blog after it’s published.
- Add social media sharing buttons so that people will have the chance to share it with their friends and followers.
- start small and work your way up.
- Reading other people’s articles and then editing them might help with your grammar skills while taking on more difficult topics might make you a better critical thinker.
What are the different tools for Content Marketing?
When it comes to content marketing, one of the biggest challenges you may face is knowing where to start. There are so many tools and applications out there that can be used for content marketing, and they all have their own unique benefits. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the top content marketing tools and applications currently on the market to help you narrow down your choices in order to find what’s best for your company.
Before mastering the content marketing art, you need to master the content marketing tools.
Content Writing tools help to master the content writing skills and also helps to do research on a particular information and generate quality content. When we create quality content then it’s very easy to promote any kind of product and service. Promotion of any content can be done by content promotion tools.
There are a number of tools you can use to help with your content marketing efforts. Here are just a few:
Content Idea Generators
These can help you come up with new and interesting ideas for your content.
Some of Content Idea Generator tools are:
- Infographic Idea Generator
Keyword Research Tools
These can help you find the right keywords to target in your content.
Some of the best Keyword Research tools are:
- Ahrefs Keyword Explorer
- Google Auto Suggest
- Google Ads Keyword Planner
- Google Search Console
Content Curation Tools
These can help you find and curate relevant content from other sources.
Some of the best Curation tools are:
- Twitter List
Content Creation Tools
These can help you create and publish your content.
Content can be created in the form of Post, Video, infographics, Podcast, Visual Content etc.
Some of top tools are:
1.Content Writing Tools:
- Headline generator tools
- Information Capture Tools
- Webpage Speed checker tools
- GT Metrix
- Page Speed
- Mind Map Tools
- Plagiarism Checker Tool
- Small SEO Tool.com
2. Podcast and Audio Broadcast Tools
3. Video Creation and Webinar Tools
4. Visual Content Creation Tools
- Canva – Online Graphic Design Tool
Content Promotion Tools
These can help you promote your content to the right audience.
Some of the best content Promotion tools are:
What are the best courses for Content Marketing
You can achieve mastery in Content Marketing by enhancing your content creating skill. When you become the masters of content creation, content marketing is automatically very easy for you.
There are so many courses available in India. One of the best courses is Content Marketing Mastery Course which is designed by Deepak Kanakraju aka Digital Deepak. This Course is well designed and has very high quality content. This course is divided into two parts, first part focus on to master content writing skills and second part focus on to master content promotion skills.
Some other famous courses in Content Marketing are listed below:
If you want to get ahead in the content marketing world, it’s important to know where to find the best education and job opportunities. Here are our top picks for courses and jobs in content marketing:
1. HubSpot Academy’s Inbound Marketing Certification Course
This course covers everything from the basics of inbound marketing to more advanced topics like lead nurturing and conversion optimization. It’s a great way to learn about all aspects of content marketing, and it’s offered by one of the most well-known and respected companies in the industry.
2. Copyblogger’s Authority Course
This course is designed to help you become a thought leader in your field by teaching you how to create high-quality content that will get attention and generate results. Copyblogger is one of the most respected voices in the content marketing world, so this is a great course for anyone who wants to improve their writing and strategic thinking skills.
3. Contently’s The Content Strategist Certification Program
This program is designed for content strategists who want to take their skills to the next level. It covers topics like audience research, content planning, and measurement, so you’ll be able to create a comprehensive content strategy for your organisation.
Content Marketing Jobs in India
In today’s era of the digital world, content marketing is an emerging strategy for all businesses. Many businesses use different strategies to promote their products and services. Some of them are Paid Advertising such as Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Social Media Marketing etc. But these strategies are best for grabbing the attention of the audience to promote products and services but not effective to convert the audience into customers.
What is the problem in the above strategies?
The problem is that they Directly propose the customer to purchase the product without knowing their needs and requirements.
Content Marketing is the solution to this problem.
Content Marketing first creates the requirements by Content writing and helps the audience to realise that needs. Once the audience realises that product as their needs then sales come out naturally. That’s the Power of Content Marketing.
Content marketing jobs are jobs that are focused on creating content and marketing it. These jobs will require a lot of creativity, storytelling, and content creation. They can be for a variety of industries, but often focus on creating the content for a company’s blog. Because of the importance of content creation these days, there is still a need for copywriters to write articles and create content in addition to those who specialise in marketing.
Content Marketing Jobs in India are booming and many of these jobs offer a very large salary. These are 7 major categories for content marketing jobs:
So as you know that everything is shifted to digital media. So the future is very bright in the field of content marketing.
Content Marketing Jobs in India:
- Content Creation,
- Content Strategy,
- Content Planning, and
- Community Management
- SEO Content Writers
- Content Marketing Manager/Executive/Specialist
If you’re serious about marketing your business online, then you need to be serious about content marketing. By following the tips in this guide, you can create high-quality content that will help you attract and engage your target audience. Remember, though, that content marketing is a long-term strategy, so don’t expect overnight results. Be patient, consistent, and dedicated to your goals, and you’ll see the rewards of your hard work in time.